Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Army Baker

It was my sister's birthday yesterday and we were debating what cake to get for her party. I was thinking of getting a Strawberry Shortcake from Baby Yulo in Forbes Park, but didn't want to have to drive all the way to Makati and then come back to Quezon City. It was a good thing that I didn't though, as the traffic was rather horrid this weekend. 

Instead, I decided to order a fondant cake from a good friend of mine, Ruby Anonuevo-Domingo, who owns and is the talent behind The Army Baker. 

The theme of my sister's party is Cath Kidston, she's pretty obsessed with that brand lately, even though she has been using Cath Kinston bags since she was in high school. So I asked Ruby to come up with a Cath Kidston themed cake, and here is the finished product:



The cake was so beautiful. All I had to do to dress it up when I received it at home was to put it on top a crystal cake platter and it was perfect. 

I got the cake also for a good price, considering the amount of fondant it required to cover the moist chocolate cake, and the cute details that I asked put on it. 

If you're interested in celebrating in style, please feel free to contact Ruby at 09985621782.

No comments:

Post a Comment