Wednesday, August 21, 2013

When Uan Met Sally

Yes, that's the name of the store/coffee shop that Derek and tried out last Saturday night. Sorry it took so long to upload the pictures and the experience, have been pretty busy. Had it not been for the typhoon and the holiday, I might have waited a few more days before I uploaded them.

Last Saturday, Derek and I met up to have dinner in Don Day in UP Village. The food was good, but the place was something else. It's a Korean restaurant where you can grill meat, and have a field day with the Kimchi and other Korean delicacy buffet in the restaurant. When we arrived, there were quite a lot of patrons, and the staff found it hard to keep out. We ended up eating on a table next to an area that had recently been vacated, and with piled used dishes.

Too bad, since I enjoyed the food in Don Day. After dinner, Derek and I drove around UP Village to look for a nice quaint coffee shop, and we chanced upon this store.

I was initially drawn to the colorful clothes on display in the store, and when we were inside, ended up discovering that they had food and coffee as well.


The clothes were quite unique, and the attendant informed us that the owner of the shop purchase the clothes from Bangkok.

I love the theme and the adherence of the store and coffee shop to it. It had a shabby chic vibe going about the store, and obviously, the owner seemed to love birds as a theme. Here's the detail on the wooden placemat used on the coffee tables.


The store's menu was placed on a blue-washed clipboard with a pretty bird medallion detail.



I ordered the Artisan's Coffee, which came with a free cookie. The cup was painted with a bird-detail, and even the cookie was not spared. 




I love the sugar that they used. I should have taken a video of how it melted when I put the lump in the brewed coffee. 


If ever you're in the area, visit the shop and have a lovely cup of coffee or two. I would love to just sit at the store's patio during a rainy day and enjoy their coffee. 

When Uan Met Sally
154-A Maginhawa Street, UP Village, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment