Wednesday, August 21, 2013

IHOP in Bonifacio Global City

I've been happy ever since I made the big move to manage a property in Bonifacio Global City. I used to be so afraid of the Fort, because I thought it was so magulo, but it turns out, Makati CBD was the one magulo.

I drive going home to Quezon City everyday, and I discovered it would be better to wait out rush hour in the office - get additional work done, and you spend less for gas because you're not stuck for an hour and a half in traffic.

There are times when i would have dinner, thus, in BGC before I leave work for home. Last week, I had dinner with a good friend of mine, Ayi Castillo. I was finishing some stuff in the office, when he texted me asking if I was still in One Serendra. Ayi, by the way, is one of the property managers of Two Serendra, the complex on the other side of Serendra's retail area, developed by Alveo.

We work for the same company and have become really good friends ever since the company's sportsfest last year.

We decided to grab a bite to eat before going home.

We found ourselves heading towards IHOP in BGC. We got a nice round table at the corner of the 2nd floor of the restaurant, which afforded us a good view of the cars stopping in the intersection below. Unfortunately, my very unreliable iPhone wasn't with us because it had to stay in the office in the charging dock - hence my pictures for this post were taken using my Blackberry Torch.


I ordered the Big Steak Omelette as the server convinced me it was the bestselling omelette on the menu.


The omelette's come with a side of pancakes. I opted not to order a different flavored pancake, as I wanted to try their collection of syrups.

Here's a picture of the pancake on the side that was given to me.


They had a selection of syrups that you can put on your pancake.



I sampled all of the flavors, so that I can opine on which had to be my favorite among them. I hated the Blueberry syrup - it tasted like cough syrup, Tempra to be exact. It really is a close fight between Butter Pecan and Strawberry for me.

Ayi ordered the Quick-Two Egg Breakfast, but chose Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancake as his side. Over-excited Ayi quickly put a dollop of Heinz ketchup on his hash brown.



If you've eaten at the IHOPs in the US, you'd notice that they use the same plates, and syrup cruets. Even the refillable iced tea that they serve is the same mix as the one being sold in the diners there. And yes, IHOP is International House of Pancakes.

Curious to get in on the IHOP craze, 'coz you know us Filipinos - we queue up for the oddest things, then feel free to visit them in BGC.

IHOP (formerly known as The International House of Pancakes)
Ground Level, W Global Center
30th Street, corner 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
tel. no. 02.687.5611

No comments:

Post a Comment