Friday, August 9, 2013

Saboten at Serendra


Finally, after having craved for this for so long, I finally tried Saboten with Derek. In preparation for the long weekend, I had texted Derek to meet me for dinner, and insisted that we eat at Saboten so that I could finally get the craving out of my system.

Since I now work in One Serendra, I have waited for the restaurant that replaced Silk at Thai to open since the start of the year. And upon discovering that it was going to be another Japanese cutlet restaurant, I was ecstatic and impatient to be able to finally sink my teeth into its offerings. 

So I've eaten at Yabu in Megamall, and have raved about the experience. I also tried the affordable yet delectable Katsu Cafe opened by Ateneo high school classmated (GO D2000 BOYS!) in the Katipunan area... and now, I get the chance to try the original Japanese cutlet, Saboten!

Derek picked me up from my office and we made a rather short walk to Saboten. Can you imagine my willpower? This restaurant has been staring me in the face for 2 months, and it was only now that I ate there.


Saboten is franchised by Raintree Restaurants, the group that brought you Stella, Chelsea, Momo, and Rocket Room. I actually met a couple of weeks back with some of their managers because we were applying for a send-bill arrangement for our complex.


 I love what they did to their ceiling. Note the Sakura detail peeking out of the the trellis-type beams.


Cute details for the walls also. And if you're just two in your dinner party, don't worry, they have rather large tables for two people. We were quite luck to get a booth good for two. Bear in mind that this restaurant does not accept reservations, so better try to come early.



The sets come with unlimited cabbage-salad, miso soup, Japanese rice, and pickled vegetables. So you might think that they're rather expensive than normal, or compared to the local Katsudon restaurants, but you really get value for your money. And, as I always say, it's like eating in a buffet where you don't have to stand up.


The sets also come with bottomless green tea.


The pot contains the Katsudon sauce which you pour over the sesame seeds that they will let you grind. The cruets contain the dressing for the salad.


Here's a snapshot of their cute mortar.


I ordered the Saboten Special Set, which gave me a taste of their deep-fried shrimp, the loin and tenderloin cutlet, and the crab croquette. The crab croquette's filling was so rich!


Derek ordered the Clay Pot Chicken Set. It looked so amazing!

If you want to try the special katsu of Saboten, please feel free to drop by their Serendra branch:

Saboten
G/F Serendra Retail, Mckinley Parkway
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig (or Makati)
tel no. 02.625.2000

No comments:

Post a Comment