Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pakibalot Panciteria

I am organizing a Chinese New Year merienda for the residential property I manage in the Fort. Hence,  for the past few days, I have been researching on the best pancit in Metro Manila. If you were to google this, you'd probably end up being directed to the entry of spot.ph, I am copy-pasting the link below for everyone's reference:


A restaurant selling pancit malabon tops the list, however, my event being a celebration of the year of the water snake, I couldn't really serve something more Filipino than Chinese, right?

So, I go down to top 2 of the list, Pakibalot Panciteria's Pancit Canton. Naturally, I called to interview the establishment, and asked them the serving sizes of their bilaos. Their biggest bilao would cost PhP 1,000.00 and be good for 15-18 people. This means, I will end up having to order around 10 bilaos. I asked the kind lady who answered the call if they would be able to deliver the pancit to BGC, and they said they would gladly do so free of charge.

But, I couldn't just order, right? Before I were to settle and serve this fare to my residents, I needed to be sure that they were, indeed, the best pancit canton in Metro Manila. 

I scheduled going to Maginhawa Street in UP Teachers' Village this Saturday. Was able to find the panciteria and went in to order their short order of the pancit. 


The pancit canton is PhP 120.00, good for 2 to 3 people. If you want it with lechon, you have to add PhP 30.00. Naturally, I ordered the pancit with lechon. 

I am so not sure though about the taste. I can't tell whether it is, indeed, the best, or whether Kowloon House's pancit, or even that of Wong Sau/D'Hong/Ding Hao in Evangelista, Makati, is better. I will get opinions, and update the blog whether I will end up ordering Pakibalot's pancit for my event or not.

UPDATE as of 6:00PM

So far, the decision is still split. One other person likes it, the other person says she's tasted better. I will need more opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment