Saturday, January 26, 2013

Namnam, Old and New in Greenbelt 2


I always get a bit sad when old restaurants close. When we chanced upon Namnam in Greenbelt 2, I was sad because I thought Masas had already closed. I've been eating in Masas since my Renaissance days back in 2007. Of course, I realized that Namnam is still being run by Masas, and that they actually improved on the menu of that good ole favorite place of mine for Filipino comfort food.


They served crisped corn as an appetizer. It's refillable, a concept that was made famous here in the Philippines by Super Bowl, serving refillable prawn crisps.


Kenneth ordered green mango with bagoong, which I believe is how green mango should be eaten - fresh, and not converted to ice cream version with sweet bagoong as a topping (still cringing from Sebastian's Green Mango with Bagoong ice cream).


I love the other appetizer we ordered, Pinsec Frito with Aligue Dip. It was  more than divine, it was sinful already!


The vegetable dish we ordered, Pinakbet, needed a little bagoong to make it taste more pinakbet and less like, well, vegetables.


We ordered a medium-sized Tinapa Rice. It was good, reminded me of salted fish fried rice served in Chinese restaurants. 



The Peking Fried Chicken was such a hit for us as well. It was evenly fried, crisp on the outside, yet tender and juicy inside.

 

I also loved the Sizzling Corned Beef. It reminds me of the corned beef hash that I used to order near the 18th hole in Camp John Hay before, minus the sizzling plate of course. 


We ordered the Gata Leche Flan, which gave a unique twist to the Filipino favorite. I couldn't describe the flavor the gata gave to the dessert, but it tasted like it was infused with macapuno.


Lastly, we ordered the Mango Turon with Cheese. I think the cheese was kesong puti. It was such a surprise as well.

Feel free to visit Namnam in Greenbelt 2. Will post details of the restaurant as soon as they have their landlines up and running. Will definitely go back for more of their Filipino food.

1 comment:

  1. Had an awesome dining experience at Namnam - Greenbelt 2 too. I love their Inihaw na Bacon Strips and Inihaw na Tiger Prawns in Aligue Butter :D

    ReplyDelete