Sunday, December 4, 2011

Shi Lin at the Fort!

From the horrid Rima Sale along Pasong Tamo, we were driving around last Friday night not knowing where to have dinner. Serendra's parking was, as expected, full, so Abe's was out of the question. Parking was going to be a bit easier at Secret Recipe's, but on our way there, we chanced on Shi Lin! They had just opened that day!

We've tried Shi Lin at the Podium a couple of months back, so everybody was totally excited to see the branch open at the ground level of the building on the corner of 4th Ave. and 31st Street. There was limited parking in that building, and when Danny and I were entering the parking, Derek and Austin also queued up right behind us to park their pick-up. So the A-List gang was completed!

I have a thing about light fixtures, so I would often notice what hangs on the ceilings. Their purple light fixtures were so cute. Actually, their interiors are a bit of an improvement from the Shi Lin in the Podium.


Danny ordered the Green Mystique Iced Tea for me, which contained one of my favorite tea ingredients, ginger. 


We ordered the Noodles with Spicy Sesame and Peanuts Sauce, one of my favorites from Crystal Jade in Hong Kong, which fortunately can be found here in the Philippines also in either Lu Gang or Shi Lin. Whenever I eat this, I remember Kare Kare!


Derek and Austin ordered Century Egg, which should be a staple for breakfast, I always say.


Of course, a meal at Shi Lin wouldn't be complete without their Xiao Long Bao. I can't tell whose Xiao Long Bao is better, though, theirs or Lu Gang's. Nonetheless, Xiao Long Bao is good Chinese cuisine comfort food for me.


And  Fried Rice with Shrimp, Egg, and Pork makes the perfect complement to the Xiao Long Bao and other main course dishes.


We had Spicy Spareribs, and Pork Chop, which unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of.


We also had Taro Buns for pre-dessert, as the real dessert was around the corner from the restaurant.


Its always a treat to eat Xiao Long Bao, and fortunately there's a restaurant nearby where Makati people can now rush off to for a good batch of these. Up next, dessert at Kitchen's Best!

For everyone's reference:

Shi Lin
Commercenter Bldg., 4th Ave. cor. 31st Street,
Fort Global City, Taguig

No comments:

Post a Comment