Saturday, December 10, 2011

Selyo, Philippine History in Postage Stamps

Ohmigod. I was walking past Greenbelt 4's Powerbooks the other day, and I remember seeing this book. It's entitled Selyo, Philippine History in Postage Stamps.

borrowed from kabayancentral.com
I remembered it just now, because I'm watching a documentary on Pearl Harbor, and the show mentioned Roosevelt fixing his stamp collection on the moment Pearl Harbor was attacked.

I've been collecting stamps on and off since I was in grade school. Philately is one of the things that relax me when I'm extremely stressed. However, nowadays, it is a hobby that I fear is slowly dying, because people don't send mail anymore. Communication is now done at an instant, via email, or text messaging.

I am hoping that the hobby picks up, and I pray that I don't wake up one day to find that stamps have gone extinct.

I ended up calling Powerbooks in Greenbelt 4, and they have 2 copies available, but they're both dog-eared. The woman from Powerbooks referred me to look in the National Bookstore in Greenbelt 1, Glorietta 5, and Rockwell, though, as they may still have copies available. The book costs PhP 695.00, which is marked down from PhP 900.00 according to the book barista (that's what I call the Powerbooks people).

So the search is on for this book. This will be my personal Christmas mission for myself. Hoping that I will be able to find it before the 25th. I'll keep you guys posted if I am able to obtain a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment