Friday, December 9, 2011

Mamou Too in Rockwell

Several months back, I was able to try Mamou in Serendra. I didn't really enjoy it that much, to think we ordered steaks at that time. Thus, for the longest time, I was trying to avoid trying Mamou Too in Rockwell. Tonight, finally, I gave in to the first seating at 6:30PM.


Apparently, during weekdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, Mamou Too is the place to be for dates. Unfortunate for us, the restaurant was small, and the tables, being miniscule also, were placed so near the other tables. So, being a date place, we fell witness to the awkward trappings of the couple's first date right next to us. Yes! Don't you just hate it! The guy trying so hard to be pa-cool, the girl trying so hard to be pa-sosyal. Spare us the agony, Mamou, get a bigger place, and get bigger tables!

We proceeded to order from the back-to-back menu handed to us.


Danny and I were a bit hungry from the stress for the week. We ordered Mamou Iced Tea. I was surprised, apparently, the iced tea was refillable. Didn't taste like your usual run of the mill powedered iced tea.


Love the whole wheat bread that they served us, or was it molasses bread? I forget.


For starters, we ordered Lorenzo's Truffle Cream Pasta. It was dee-vine! They were not cheap on the truffles at all! And for the price it was being pegged at, I shoulda ordered more to go!


Danny ordered Lamb Tapa which came with a side of some sort of salsa, and balsamic vinegar.  If this were my dish, would've preferred the sunny side ups well done. That's just me.


I ordered the Roast Pork. Pretty good. I would've wanted to order the Kurobota Katsu or Sinigang, ergo, anything Kurobota, but they both weren't available. So I had to make do with the Roast Pork.


Pretty weird that I was craving for pork, though. The waiter kept on recommending the chicken dishes, but they weren't fillets, so I said no. I must be channeling my inner Annabelle Rama because I was looking for baboy!

The restaurant's hostess, or resident intern, chatted us up over dinner. Probably because she didn't want to bother the first-date-couples, and was able to convince us to try the Key Lime Pie. Oddly enough, I was eyeing the same dessert when I first glanced on the menu, probably because I heard it mentioned in True Blood or something.


This time around, I enjoyed dinner at Mamou. Save for the tables, and the first-date-couples, my experience was close to perfect. Had no complaints about the food at all, even if they weren't pure Italian or Japanese. We ordered, apparently, a lot by their standards already as the waiters were having a hard time placing the dishes on the table, and I didn't even have my Paul Smith clutch on the table. So I guess, it was the table's fault then.

Keep you posted for more!

For everyone's reference:

Mamou Too Rockwell
L R1 148A Lopez Drive,
Brgy. Poblacion, Makati
tel. no. 822.6218 / 0917.806.2668

No comments:

Post a Comment