Saturday, December 24, 2011

Kirin at Bonifacio High Street

After having finished my last minute shopping last night, gifts for Ms. Cora Mendoza and Meriam Al Shallal from Aldo, Danny and I had dinner at Kirin in Bonifacio High Street.

Originally, we had planned to eat in 2nds, but since it was full, we looked for an alternative. Interesting enough, we chanced upon Kirin, which at first I thought was a Chinese spa because of the water feature windows they had.


Here's a shot of their lighting fixtures.

 
Looking at the menu, I thought we were going to end up spending a lot. After looking over the menu, it was reasonably priced. Think David's Tea House price range. Since the price range was David's Tea House, I assumed the quality of the food would be the same, meaning, oily and yucky. I was surprised yet again.


For starters, Danny and I had the Century Egg and Jellyfish. Like Uni, I think jellyfish is an acquired taste, I fortunately have. Theirs was a bit on the spicy side, but good, nonetheless. I would've preferred more Century Egg slices, though.


We ordered Pineapple Seafood Fried Rice because I was feeling adventurous. We were expecting it to be the Hawaiian Pizza of Chinese fried rice, but it turned out to be rather good.


For our main course, we ordered Braised Beef and Honey which came with siopao bread.



We tried their dimsum, and ordered the King Shrimp Hakao. Wasn't too keen on it. I've definitely had better.


Danny ordered the Hot Chicken and Prawn Salad.


And for dessert, we had the Eggyolk Creamy Pao.


Their servings were kinda huge, and we ended up bringing home a lot of leftovers. It was quite a surprise, to find a place quite affordable in Bonifacio High Street. We definitely might end up trying the other items on their menu in the future.

Merry Christmas everyone!

For everyone's reference:

Kirin Chinese Dining
Bldg. 7, Bonifacio High Street, Global City, Taguig
tel. no. 799.9338

No comments:

Post a Comment