Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mangetsu's Transfer to Jupiter Street!

After the horrid lunch yesterday, dinner was in Mangetsu. For those who haven't eaten at the old Mangetsu before, it used to be located in the Creekside Mall along Amorsolo Street in Makati. The old restaurant had a dingy and seedy feel to it, but the food was superb. After several visits, I didn't mind the icky vibe the restaurant was giving, in fact, it started growing on me. They closed a month or so ago because they were to open a new restaurant along Jupiter Street. So after waiting for so long, we were able to go to the newly-soft opened Mangetsu!


The new Mangetsu has a different feel compared to the old one. The interior of the restaurant is quite modern already. The plates have the same earthy stoneware vibe to them still, though. The fish plates are still there!


They have a pseudo-rock garden spread along the sides, next to the tables. Cute!


Dinner was with Danny's officemates from Rustan's. Naturally, Danny ordered for everyone already. He's the expert on what to get.

First dish to arrive was the Cheese Risotto.


And was followed by the Camembert Tempura. I love the honey sauce that this particular appetizer came with.


We also ordered the Japanese Style Fried Chicken with 3 Kinds of Salt. I love this dish. It may look dry and drab, and the thought of rubbing fried chicken further with salt is sometimes odd, but it so works!


One of the main courses was Sliced Beef with Teriyaki Sauce:


We also ordered Japanese Rice Balls - Onigiri. I suppose this is Yaki Onigiri. I was quite surprised as it was brought to us with a small charcoal grill.


I had to use the onion/celery brush to spread the shoyu on the rice balls. Of course I just ended up dipping each one by one into the sauce. Afterwards, I placed these on the grill.


It was quite an experience waiting for them to roast. All throughout, I was thinking, so that's how they make Yaki Onigiri! Haha, it was quite a surprise for me, really!

One of my loves for the night was the Uni Tempura! Nobody ever goes wrong with Uni!


And to end the evening's fare, Holly ordered sushi. Now, I really don't know what the sushi was. My guess was that it's Futo Maki, however, checking on the menu of Mangetsu, it may have been the Mangetsu Style Sushi Balls.


We were a party of six, and it was a fairly large table so I unfortunately wasn't able to take a picture of some of the items we ordered. Not pictured is the Seafood Gratin, a really huge hot plate of risotto, and the Agedashi Tofu. All in all, we ended up spending around PhP 570.00 per person which was good already considering we ordered so much!

I miss the charm of the old Mangetsu. Most of the waitresses are the staff from the previous restaurant and they themselves say that a lot has changed from the old restaurant in Creekside. But, something from the old restaurant caught my eye.


We were having so much fun, we didn't notice the time and ended up leaving at past 10:00PM. We were in the restaurant for 3 hours!

Keep you guys posted for more!

For everyone's reference:

Mangetsu Japanese Restaurant
38 Jupiter Street, Brgy. Bel-Air, Makati
tel. no. 478.3292

No comments:

Post a Comment