Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wine, Yogurt, and Sushi Evening

Had a pretty toxic start to the day today. Had a board meeting that I needed to attend. It started at 9:00AM, and ended at 2:00PM, no lunch-break in between. Of course, I had to leave by 1:30PM, because I had a feeling I wouldn't be as productive for the day had I stayed on until the end. Had issues to attend to pa up until the last minute, and would've just been fine clocking off at 6:00PM to go home, take the car out by 7:00PM, and pick up Danny. Good thing that things took a different turn to an otherwise horrid day.

Danny, with his officemates, attended the formal opening of Pinkberry in Manila. The first Pinkberry shop here in the Philippines is located in Greenbelt 5, right next to Mr. Jones. There were a lot of people and a lot of photographers, so I couldn't take much pictures for that event. Here are my usual unusual shots, nonetheless.


Of course I would always notice the lighting fixtures. Seems like I've seen these in a different establishment, but it still works nonetheless.


Their flooring was quite unique. It reminded me of the flooring of a 1980s garden. Lana, Danny's officemate in Rustan's, commented it was a bit difficult to walk on them if you were wearing stilettos. I wasn't able to take a picture of these, though.

I took photos of the flowers that were used on the tables, and the giant one placed by the doorway.


 

I wasn't able to take pictures of the food set up outside, as there were so many people. There was a band playing, and it was such a mess of waiters, wine glasses, and serving trays, so we chose to stay inside instead. Good thing we were able to ask the waiter to keep the rose wine, red wine, and appetizers coming. The appetizers were fairly good. They were a bit on the cold side when it reached our table already, but it's perfectly understandable since it was a bit humid outside, and extremely cool inside. Here's a picture of the appetizers, all by Chef Laudico's BFAST, the same restaurant in Ayala Triangle Gardens.


And the weirdest part, we were drinking wine, with yogurt! Of course we had to sample the various yogurt flavors of Pinkberry. The yogurt came in Green Tea, Chocolate (which didn't agree with my taste at all), Mango, Pomegranate, and Watermelon. I was able to try the Green Tea and Pomegranate flavors.



They had such a wide array of toppings, I was having a hard time initially choosing what to put on my yogurt. I settled for blueberry, kiwi, strawberry, and, the most divine of them all, mochi! Here's a picture of the toppings. With these in front of you, you'd be confused as well.



The evening did not stop at the formal opening of Pinkberry. Who would be satisfied with appetizers for dinner? Naturally, we headed off to Sugi for a somewhat later dinner than usual. Still taking advantage of the sale they have ongoing until January 15, 2012.

Danny, Lana, Mitch, Junjun, Margs and I all met up in Sugi from Pinkberry. We had the usual Sugi fare. It was the first time I saw the decorations in Sugi, which is a color motif that I am actually using in Manila Tower in the Residences at Greenbelt.


I had my usual Sashimi Teishoku, and Danny tried the Chirashi Sushi. We ordered these two to compare the differences. The Chirashi had 2 more different varieities of sushi, whereas the Teishoku was a complete meal with soup, and pickled vegetables.

Danny's Chirashi Sushi
My Sashimi Teishoku
We also ordered Tenpura Teishoku, which is also becoming a fast staple in Sugi dinners.


Here's something new that we ordered, Kaki Gyuniku Steak. It was tenderloin steak with bacon and oysters, DEE-VINE!


There were more orders from the rest of the group, but everybody was such in a mood to eat, I wasn't able to take pictures. The evening, however, didn't end there. On the way to the car to go home, we still did a little window-shopping on the side. I took the chance to take a picture of a shoe that Bianca, my sister, might like for her prom. Bianca, this one's from Topshop, you might want to check it out. 


Time for bedtime now. Well, I'll be reading a novel I downloaded on my Kindle for iPad, I Zombie I. Keep you posted for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment