Tuesday, December 27, 2011

20 Minutes to Lugang Cafe

Since there were a lot of people still on holiday yesterday, Danny and I decided to take a drive to Greenhills to eat in Lugang. We got there in 20 minutes, during rush hour. Pretty exciting huh?


I love the interiors of Lugang. This is me pretending to take artsy-fartsy photos of the interiors.


I let Danny take the reigns and order for the two of us. We each had a glass of Iced Pineapple Bubble Juice. Last time I tried the Kumquat Tea, but I wanted to try something exciting.


First dish to arrive was the Tofu with Preserved Egg. Danny and I ended up having a discussion on the difference between tofu and tokwa because of this dish.


One of our main dishes was the Beef with Chinese Crullers. I don't know what the crullers are made of, but they were good and crispy. Were they made of bread?


We also ordered the Taiwanese Crispy Chicken Nuggets. It was similar to the chicken we had in Mangetsu - Chinese version of course.


We also had the Steamed Fresh Clams with Silk Melons. I couldn't quite put a finger on what the silk melons remind me of. A local fruit or vegetable? Papaya, perhaps. I really don't know. But damn, were they good. Even the broth was good, and I don't normally like broth with clams.


I mentioned I wanted something exciting right? So, Danny ordered the Black Pepper Beef Fried Rice.


And of course, a meal in Lugang will not be complete without ordering dimsum. For dinner last night, we tried the Steamed Shrimp and Pork Shiao Mai.


It was a surprise that we were able to get a table at Lugang. Then again, 20 minutes from Makati to Greenhills during rush hour was a surprise as well.

Keep you posted for more!

For everyone's reference:

Lugang Cafe
116 Connecticut Street, Northeast Greenhills,
San Juan, Metro Manila
tel. no. 775.7599

1 comment:

  1. I don’t really like pineapple so I am mildly curious as to how does the bubble pineapple juice tastes. The food presentation is truly great!

    ReplyDelete