Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Night-Table Books


I am currently reading Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. It's very exciting. I wasn't really minding it much, especially since I had prioritized reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies first. However, after mingling around Powerbooks in Glorietta 3 last Sunday, this book beckoned to me. Since it was marked down, there was no stopping me from purchasing it.

While in the topic of Powerbooks, I was finally able to purchase Selyo! I am so in love with it! It's a wonderful history of the stamps of the Philippines. Every Filipino philatelist should have one. And it is marked down as well, was able to purchase mine for only PhP 695.00.

A book I had recently finished is My Zombie My by Jack Wallen.

borrowed from http://zombieradio.org/?p=97
It's the sequel to I Zombie I, which I chanced upon while searching for free books for Kindle in Amazon. No, I don't have a Kindle as of yet, I am making do with Kindle for iPad in the meantime. I Zombie I was an interesting read, coming from someone who didn't enjoy World War Z that much. I guess I was kinda looking for a Zombie thriller that's told more as a narrative rather than a documentary. As soon as I finished I Zombie I, I checked online and My Zombie My was being sold for $2.99. Cheap enough, so I downloaded it.

I just finished it last Sunday morning, so naturally, I searched if the third installment in the saga is available. According to @jlwallen, it should be available this week. Keeping my eye out for it as well.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying Abe. And if Die Zombie Die is still not available this week, I will look for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to pass the time, maybe download it on Kindle for iPad to make it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment