Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Art in the Park 2016

I visited Art in the Park 2016 with a mission in mind. Last April 3, 2016, Kim and I braved the drive from the suburbs of Quezon City and Antipolo to Makati, and looked for parking. Quite a challenge to find a good parking spot yet again, and we ended up parking in Paseo Center, which was a good block away from Salcedo Park. I was insistent on going to Art in the Park because I wanted to visit the booth of Ang INK and purchase more magnets for my reminders board in the office. I was able to purchase quirky magnets last year for PhP 70.00 each.


When we got there, I headed straight to Ang INK's booth, but they didn't have any magnets. What they had though was my Ateneo batchmate's, Jomike Tejido's, Sanctuaries coloring book. It features about 30 coloring plates based on his banig paintings.


His banig paintings by the way were sold out before lunch.

Jomike was also there so I asked him to sign the 2 coloring books that I purchased. Yay!

Kim and I went around - I'm quite relieved that they have multiple cashiers this year. Last year, we had a challenge waiting in line for the painting, canvas bag, and magnets that I purchased.

In support of Museum Foundation of the Philippines, I purchased a nice fan from their booth. Keeping it in the car in case I have to wait in a parked car with the windows down.

We also passed by the booths of Vinyl on Vinyl where I looked for paintings of Anjo Bolarda. I was never able to move on from being unable to purchase Anjo Bolarda's Harmony of Change from the Silent Auction in Greenbelt last 2014 - and all because my car broke down on me in EDSA. How hateful. Unfortunately, Vinyl on Vinyl had none of his paintings for the event.

Two stalls down was Cevio's Art Haus, and they had paintings of Keith Paras which were priced rather good. A small painting of his was around PhP 12,000.00++ with 5% discount of the list price. I was particularly interested in a larger piece which was at PhP 19,200.00 without the discount.

I have been wanting to own a Keith Paras painting and I would have purchased the larger piece, had Kim not stopped me. He wanted me to purchase a watch that I have been looking into buying for 3 months already.

He hurriedly dragged me out of the park, and practically pushed me to drive to Glorietta to go to Meridien to purchase the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment