Monday, October 17, 2016

Rimowa Salsa Sports Trunk 32" Multiwheel


Mommy, Bianca, and I went to Rockwell yesterday. We were just going to go window-shopping, since there wasn't anything better to do on a stormy Sunday. 

We ended up going into the Rimowa store in Rockwell where I had a stark realization - that I might have purchased the wrong luggage!

I really wanted a Rimowa, but the PhP 60,000.00 price range quoted to me when I visited Rimowa in Greenbelt turned me off. Apparently, I asked about the wrong product. That price tag is for the aluminum Rimowas. I wanted a polycarbonate Rimowa which was about half the cost of that. 

I couldn't dwell too much on it, especially since my Bric's Bellagio was a gift from Kim, and we got a really good bargain for it. 

So I considered buying a Rimowa carry-on in blue to match my navy blue Bellagio. Mommy and Bianca wouldn't hear of it. The designs of the two luggage were on polar ends of the spectrum. 

On the one hand, I adore the vintage steamer trunk look of the Bellagio, which gives it a charming old world vibe, and on the other, the minimalist industrial of Rimowa is also quite timeless. 

I decided I would still match my Bric's Bellagio with the 2nd generation hand carry business case:

borrowed from bricstore.com

But that I would buy another set of luggage. I was looking at the Rimowa Salsa Sports Trunk 32" Multiwheel, and I love its shape. I so want one. 

borrowed from the bestthings.com

Another thing I realized last Sunday - Bric's prices are more expensive than Rimowa. 

They're both beautiful in their own right, and if you're having difficulties deciding between two things, then why not get them both?

No comments:

Post a Comment