Friday, January 6, 2012

Tsukiji Dinner After an Exhausting Day!

Yesterday was a pretty exhausting day! There were so many meetings that needed attending to. I was really looking forward to eating dinner at Manila Maki along Dela Costa in Salcedo Village, but when Danny and I got there (after successfully evading the horrid Makati rush hour with my brilliant driving), they were already full for the evening. Since I was really in the mood to have a Japanese dinner because of the long day I had, we decided to eat in Tsukiji instead. So off to Pasay Road, and the Greenbelt area again, but we were still successful in evading the horrid traffic!

It was my first time to eat in Tsukiji, even if it is just behind my office. It was such a treat, entering the Milky Way building was like entering a time machine to the 80s.



While waiting for dinner, I tried my best to take artsy-fartsy photos. Here's a picture of the soy sauce. The container was so cute.


I took pictures of the things beside our table, including the poor little fishes trapped in the tank.



 Danny ordered Wagyu Beef Sashimi. At first, I was a bit scared eating raw beef. but it was soooo good!



The meat was so soft! I definitely will have more of this sashimi in the future!

Danny ordered the Daimyo Chirashi Sushi to share. It was good. It had more than the fair share of sashimi in other Chirashi Sushis. Plus the wasabi was freshly made, well done!



I had the Halo Halo Donburi. The donburi was reasonably priced compared to most of what we had ordered. The donburi had breaded shrimp, squid, oyster, fish and pork.


Danny ordered the Tsukiji Donburi, which had his favorite, grilled eel.


Tsukiji is one of the few Japanese restaurants in the metro that imports its seafood from Japan. They usually have these flown in thrice a week. Tsukiji is the name of a fish market in Japan. The Japanese seafood makes all the difference, it has me doggone convinced I should go fly to Japan this year to try these fresh! Prices are better compared to Sushi Kappo, though.

Keep you posted for more!

For everyone's reference:

Tsukiji Restaurant
3rd Level, Milky Way Building
900 A. Arnaiz Ave. (formerly Pasay Road),
Brgy. San Lorenzo, Makati
tel. no. 843.4285

No comments:

Post a Comment