Sunday, March 8, 2015

Assemblage at Cevio Art Haus

We had the chance to spend a lovely evening last night at the opening of the exhibit of Joey and Dexter Simsim in Cevio Art Haus in Bo. Kapitolyo. Aptly titled Assemblage, the two-man show of the brothers from Baguio, was a success.



The brothers opening words were a background of how they discovered contemporary art. Both are quite adept at realistic paintings, and it shows in their current work how they were able to beautifully combine their skill with their vision.


Cevio served drinks and light snacks, and other artists and some collectors were happily mingling about. Kat followed, and she enjoyed the exhibit as well. 



Collecting art can be such a dreadful vice! There wasn't a painting in the exhibit I didn't want to take home!






The price of most of the artworks were quite reasonable, although I have yet to pay for my commission work with my friend, Franco, so I thought it best to practice restraint. And for a nightcap, Kat Pauso brought us to Greenfield District's midnight flea market, where I saw some beautiful paintings by Joey Agbayani, one of which I was so tempted to purchase! See the beautiful painting of Eiffel Tower from the river Seine in the centre? It's absolutely adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment