Saturday, March 14, 2015

Ginza Bairin in UP Town Center

Ginza Bairin is one of our favourite restaurants in UP Town Centre, this and Red Onion (okay, Kim doesn't like Red Onion).

We had our feet scrubbed, and we were able to purchase St. Ives' Anti-itch lotion, so we were more than ready for a little (that is... heavy) dinner tonight - before I had to run off to pick up my evil sister (okay, she's not that evil).

Parking in UP Town was at its all time worst. Then again, it may be because they're still building parking buildings. That didn't deter us from making the hike to Ginza Bairin. How did we live before the arrival of Ginza Bairin and Saboten, really?

This is our third time to eat in Ginza Bairin, I think. And like Saboten.. and fine, Yabu, na din, you have to grind sesame seeds for your katsu sauce. In other words, you have to put some elbow grease into grinding if you want to have dinner *winkwink,



We didn't actually need to do this because both Kim and I ordered the Menchi Katsu with Cheese Curry Set. 

All sets come with refillable cabbage-salad, Miso soup, Japanese rice, and fresh fruits. 


There's the dressing and Shoyu Wasabi sauce for the cabbage salad - more than anything, I was so looking forward to the cabbage. 

I so appreciated the food server, because she suggested to put the curry sauce on the side so that I could appreciate the labor I put into grinding. 

Bon appetit! The Japanese curry has arrived! I've been hankering for Japanese curry for 2 weeks already!


Unfortunately, though, Kim wasn't successful in getting me to forget the #HOMEGROWN stores we passed by before we crashed in Ginza Bairin. The Polaris Project's bazaar of sorts in UP Town Centre, had a booth, by Polaris Project themselves, which sold artworks. I saw this cute painting of a bird house - really adorable. It was only PhP 350.00 - which is really affordable for an acrylic on canvas painting. 

Bird House, Acrylic on 12" x 9" canvas, Renee Avila
At first, I thought I wanted to present it similar to the painting of Miguel Villanueva, but now, I'm thinking I want to have a big gold frame. I have time to decide. Its a nice piece by Renee Avila. Will try to research on the artist. 

All in all, amazing Saturday!

Ginza Bairin
G/F UP Town Centre, 
Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City
tel. no. 0917.871.0041

Polaris Project
thepolarisprojectph@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment