Saturday, January 24, 2015

White Antibes by Potentilla Home Fragrances

This is going to be my first post on the scents that I use for my oil burner/oil warmer.

White Antibes is Honeydew Melon
Surprisingly, I didn't start off with my go-to brand, Itsom. I find that in selecting the perfect scent for my oil burners, I have to use essential oils that are more potent. Lavender may smell the same regardless of the brand of the essential oil, but some manufacturers create that special potent formula, which has a lingering effect when placed on the burner, vs. the watered-down versions that are easily available. And, it isn't really about the price, because, sometimes, the potent essential oils are quite reasonably priced. I digress, because, I discovered last December another brand of burner fragrance oil, that although at first sniff may not seem to be potent enough to linger in the room, actually resonates the air with vibrant notes.

I chanced upon Potentilla's kiosk in Robinson's Magnolia while waiting for Kim to finish having his  hair rebonded. Their booth was on the topmost level of the mall, and my attention was first caught because there seemed to be a lot of people purchasing bottles.

They sold an array of room scents, from reed diffusers to water soluble fragrances, to oil burner fragrances.

I looked at the names of their scents, and with names like Mint Chai, Tea Party, and Baby Powder, I knew that their little bottles held refreshing new notes compared to the usual scents that are readily available elsewhere.

And then there was White Antibes. It was love at first whiff. The scent was mostly composed of honeydew melon. Milky. Sweet. Fresh. Tinge of fruitiness. Smooth all the way.

Here's the White Antibes bottle with tealight oil burners I seldom use
My theory about ensuring to purchase the potent smelling oils were completely thrown out the window, because here was a scent that didn't seem to have enough punch to fill my room, and yet, I wanted it.

I bought it. It was a tad bit pricey compared to Itsom, which can be had for less than a hundred bucks in Landmark, but it was a scent I knew I couldn't get off my head. I have had no regrets.

Now the reason I'm posting about this, is because I have had a bad day at work. I was in the office at 6AM, and I got home at 1AM the following day. And as soon as I got into my room, I cleaned out the Itsom Green Tea scent on the dishes of my oil burners, and I put in White Antibes, and all of a sudden, I feel at peace. The stress from the day is gone. It smells like an easy Sunday brunch in the lanai, at 2AM in my bedroom.

The scent is not overpowering. It doesn't confuse your senses. It calms you. It slows down your thoughts.

And I love it. If Potentilla were to cancel this scent, I would hoard every last drop of it, just to ensure I would have a good enough supply.

And so I just wanted to share.

Well, and if you're interested and happen to chance by Robinson's Magnolia, or their 2nd branch in Glorietta 2, then do give White Antibes a shot.

Farthest shot for the night!
Potentilla Home Fragrances
L3 Robinsons Magnolia, Aurora Boulevard cor. Dona Hemady
New Manila, Quezon City
0917.528.1294

No comments:

Post a Comment