Saturday, January 10, 2015

Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles

I have been reading quite voraciously again, lately. I finished the Maze Runner series, Tragic Theatre by G.M. Cornell (which had quite a few typographical and grammar errors), Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl (quite interested in Dark Places as well), and John Saul's House of Reckoning (which, I reckon, is the best revenge novel I've read).

My resolutions for 2015, however, is to be able to finally read through Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. There are quite a few novels in this series already. Let me list the novels according to order and published date:

1. Interview with the Vampire (1976)


2. The Vampire Lestat (1985)


3. Queen of the Damned (1988)


4. The Tale of the Body Thief (1992)


5. Memnoch the Devil (1995)


6. The Vampire Armand (1998)


7. Merrick (2000)


8. Blood and Gold (2001)


9. Blackwood Farm (2002)


10. Blood Canticle (2003)


11. Prince Lestat (2014)


I already have Interview with the Vampire, and I started reading it. I also have a copy of The Vampire Lestat, The Tale of the Body Thief, and The Vampire Armand.

Obviously, the challenge here is finding the other novels. I know Queen of the Damned is readily available in National Bookstore, Fully Booked, and Powerbooks, but what about the rest? Will also be checking Booksale for good measure.

So that's my reading challenge for 2015. Hope you guys will also find time this year to read a good book or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment