Saturday, January 24, 2015

Noritake Royal Orchard 9416 Salt and Pepper Shaker

I was with my sister today, and we ended up going to my favourite Gourdo's outlet store. She was looking for a soap dish, and they had an entire bathroom set there on sale at PhP 75.00 only. So I got her two sets.

There was also a nice porcelain tea pot in the store which was only PhP 90.00, so I purchased a piece.

The piece de resistance, however, was the Noritake Royal Orchard 9416 salt and pepper shaker they had on sale. 


A couple weeks back, I purchased from the same store a pair of Noritake Opulence salt and pepper shakers. They were on sale, presumably at 70% off.

Now, this design was on sale at roughly the same amount.


It says on the bottom Noritake Japan, which means it came from Noritake, Japan. Noritake used to have a factory producing sets here in Manila, run by Porcelanosa Mariwasa, Inc., and it was located in Marikina, before.

I got a pair, and I have yet to decide whether this will be used on the dinner table, to replace the Gourdo's Swan salt and pepper shaker I purchased from their store in BGC, or if it goes in the antique china cabinet for display. 

Either way, it was such a good buy!


No comments:

Post a Comment