Monday, May 16, 2016

Bigkis Sining Binangonan - Gener Blanco Artworks

I chanced upon an art exhibit that had just been set up in Il Centro in Sta. Lucia last Friday the 13th. I was driving by when I saw paintings by the entrance.

Kim and I stopped and we saw glorious paintings from artists hailing from Angono and Binangonan, Rizal.

There were paintings from Glenn Blanco, eldest son of Jose "Pitok" Blanco.






The youngest son of Pitok Blanco also had a painting on display. Peter Paul, when he was still a toddler, was featured prominently in his father's paintings.



Another group that exhibited their works is Bigkis Sining Binangonab. One of their members is Gener Blanco, related to the Blancos of Angono. And the family semblance is quite evident in his artworks:











Bigkis Sining Binangonan's other artists also showcased their works:





The exhibit will be open until May 22, 2016. I went back to the exhibit last Sunday, and I purchased paintings from Gener Blanco. It isn't everyday that you can easily purchase a Blanco painting without batting an eyelash -  so I purchased Dragonfly and Landscape. I'll be picking up the artworks on the 22nd, the last day of the exhibit.

If you live near the area, please pass by, and help support our local art scene and artists, purchase a painting or two, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment