Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Frameworks Homefront

I was pretty busy last Saturday - my building, Park Terraces, had its first staff outing in Los Banos, Laguna. However, I still found time to drop by Frameworks Homefront to pick up the 3 small paintings I wanted framed.

A couple of weeks ago, I had finally decided that it was time to have my mini-paintings, which I placed on small easels, to be given proper frames. I researched which frame shop I would go to. Rotech, although it has been quite affordable with positive results, already closed their branch in Sta. Lucia. I didn't want to brave the crowd in Megamall to go to the Rotech branch there.

I chanced upon the advertisement of Frameworks on OLX, which directed me to their Facebook page. Their shop was quite near where I live - so I called them to set an appointment.

I left the paintings there and they asked me to come back after two weeks. Finally, after much anticipation, I have the frames in my office already!


The Birdhouse by Renee Avila seems like its floating. I had it framed similar to a painting I purchased in Gintong Sining in Glorietta. I had an inkling the result was going to be spectacular, since the green is so vibrant, the black frame made it pop even more.


ANG Ink's Merm was quite a challenge, being such a small painting. To make it seem quite original, I also placed it on a predominantly black background to make the color vibrant - but I angled the mermaid so that the canvas would turn into a diamond shape. The frame's inspiration is from my 2 Anjo Bolarda wood blocks which I had framed in a similar fashion.


Miguel Toni's blue blossom - I couldn't really decide how to frame, since most of the frames we tried on it looked washed out. We finally decided to use a silver wood frame to accentuate its black and blue motif without making the painting look drab.

I have two Blanco paintings which I will be bringing to Frameworks - the owners are quite hands-on. They were the ones helping me decide on the matting and frame, they were giving good suggestions for each painting.

Should you need the services of a frame shop, why not give Frameworks a try? Prices are very competitive, and they make the frames in their shop right behind their store.

FRAMEWORKS HOMEFRONT
#46 Kamuning Road, Quezon City
telephone number: 02.4264482 / 0917.826.4482

No comments:

Post a Comment