Monday, May 23, 2016

Kurangga 3 by Robie Perdiguerra

I went back to the Bigkis Sining Binangonan exhibit in Il Centro last Saturday to pick up my two Gener Blanco paintings. I was quite excited as I was to immediately drive to Frameworks Homefront to have these framed. I had saved pictures of the paintings in the Blanco Museum, and I was to show them to Frameworks - I wanted the 2 paintings to look like they were lifted from the Blanco Museum.

A good friend of mine from New World Hotel and One Serendra, Myra Bass, sent me a Viber message in our group. You see, that morning, Marina Monina had messaged me with paintings that she had available, and I sent these to the One Serendra Viber Group. Myra wanted paintings to be placed in her office in Raffles. I informed her that one of my stops was the exhibit in Il Centro, and she asked if I could send her pictures of the paintings that were available.

As soon as I got to the exhibit, I started taking pictures of the paintings that caught my eye. Of course, I sent her pictures of Gener Blanco's works. A piece that really caught my attention, though, and wasn't in the exhibit when I had gone there the week prior was Robie Perdiguerra's Kurangga 3. It is acrylic paint on a 13.5" x 10" canvas, and is a mother and child. It was enchanting, and Myra being a mom to a beautiful daughter studying in Assumption San Lorenzo, I had an inkling she might like it. I took a picture of Kurangga 3 and sent it to Myra via Viber. 

She loved it, along with 3 Blanco paintings that I sent. She asked me to purchase these for her. 

I brought them with me to the office, I thought Myra was going to work today, but she was, unfortunately off today. For today, though, the Kurangga 3 is on exhibit in my office, just for a limited time. 

I couldn't resist, so I took a photo of it on my desk, so that I could share it with everyone. 


My mom saw the painting and was upset that I didn't buy it for her. It was then I realized that she really enjoys mother and child paintings. 

I'm just hoping when Myra comes to pick up her paintings tomorrow, I'd be able to let them go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment