Friday, November 11, 2011

Dinner at Ma Maison

My friends from A-List Manila (hehe) and I were looking for a place for dinner tonight. Since we were already (or always) in Greenbelt, and I luckily had my Bistro Card with me, I dragged them over to Ma Maison for dinner. Ma Maison used to be Flapjacks, which I adored so much back then, and coincidentally is a Bistro restaurant as well.

Of course, who couldn't resist taking a picture of the food we ordered. Sorry for the quality of the pictures. No, I don't think it should be grainy or whatever because I was using a Nokia N8 when I took these, and the camera is a 12MP snapper from Carl Zeiss. I apologize more if the shots are not professionally taken. Anyway, here's what we ordered.

This is one of the appetizers, Salmon Carpaccio with Alfalfa:


The other appetizer, according to one of the A-Listers was simply dee-vine! It's Camembert Cheese Fritters:


Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of the Paella, because as soon as it was placed on the table, everybody just dug in.

Here's a shot of the Seafood Gratin, which was also superb:


And our main course was the Jumbo Burger, which when the waiter was trying to sell to us was accidentally called (by the waiter) a jumbo hotdog. The Jumbo Burger was good for 4 already, and we chose the brown sauce, which according to the waiter was cooked for 28 days (to which I asked, is that 28 days continous? - he never did answer me back).


Dinner was great. A-List Manila will definitely be having dinner there again. Decor was a bit odd for me, although my companions didn't mind the vintage stuff plastered on the wall, or the tablecloth which looked like it came from the 1930s. According to how the waiters introduced the cuisine, Ma Maison is a fusion of Western and Japanese Cuisine (so why is the name of the restaurant predominantly French?).

We ended up getting an almost PhP 400.00 discount because of my Bistro Card, and the bill came to about PhP 475.00 per head (there were about 4 of us), which is the normal Friday night fare I have with friends. 

I ended up seeing Len Bayas, Head Concierge of New World Makati City Hotel, at Bizu that evening too, so all in all, it was a pretty great Friday night dinner. Miss you so much Len!

For everyone's reference:

Ma Maison
Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center, Makati
tel. no. 729.9122

No comments:

Post a Comment