Saturday, November 26, 2011

In Love with Simply Thai!

Had my pre-birthday dinner at Simply Thai in Greenbelt 5.


Definitely not my first time to eat here. First instance was a light dinner though. This time around, since it is my last few hours as a 25*-year old, it was time to splurge! (*not the author's real age.) When Danny and I arrived 6:15PM-ish, Derek was already there. Unfortunately, Austin couldn't make it to the pre-birthday dinner, but we'll all meet up for dinner and singing tomorrow.

I love the interior of the restaurant. For those who love to reminisce, it used to be Terrace at the 5th. I'm not sure if the interiors are the same, but it is still pretty homey, which is the vibe I got from Terrace before.


I'm a pretty bad blogger, because I forget to take pictures during appropriate times! Why? The appetizers arrived and I was the first one to dig in, ruining the beautiful set-up the staff had placed before us. Fret not, I managed to steal a snapshot from my own plate, my personal plating of course. For starters we ordered Mieng Kham (a Thai traditional made of prawn, coconut, lemongrass, and peanuts in betel leaves) and Choo Chee Kung + Roti (minced prawn dip and roti bread).


We ordered Schweppes Manao Soda for drinks. I know this is exclusive to them only.


We ordered Phad Thai in Egg Net, LOVE! How do they make the egg into that net shape?


The Duck Fried Rice with Thai Holy Basil, was a perfect complement to the the main dishes we ordered. Danny noted that the fried rice, even with the duck, was not oily at all! Totally unlike the duck we had in Hong Kong!


We ordered the Black Pepper Soft-Shell Crab. I'm a total sucker for soft-shell crabs, even if it means having to brave John and Yoko for them.


Pork Confit with Chili Caramel Sauce and Apple-slaw was dee-vine! I loved the apple-slaw, it's so totally not coleslaw and whatever messy mayonnaise it comes with.


And my ultimate favorite main dish for the evening, the Squid and Shrimp Nam Prik Pao. I totally love this! It's absolutely perfect!


For dessert, we ordered, Sticky Rice with Mango, and the Red Rubies (which are red water chestnuts), which unfortunately I wasn't able to take a picture of. But I did take a picture of the Simply Thai's Nest, which is absolutely dee-vine!


Will keep you posted for tomorrow's party pictures!

For everyone's reference:

Simply Thai
G/F Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center,
Makati City
tel. no. 729.0860

No comments:

Post a Comment