Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Merced Bake House

When I was a child, I would throw a hissy fit if they didn't serve a Merced cake for my birthday.

Seriously, there was one birthday, I might have been 10 or 11 when some idiot (definitely notify parents since they know how pihikan I am) decided to purchase a Goldilocks cake for my birthday. I refused to go down for the birthday celebration, making the guests wait for me to blow the candle, unless there was a Merced cake.

Then I grew up and birthdays ended up being celebrated in restaurants where they usually have complimentary cake for the celebrant for the blowing of the candles - and Merced got pushed out of the picture.

I made a request from my mom this year, if they can source a Merced cake for my 7th Annual 25th Birthday Celebration. Mommy did not disappoint, and she bought me a cake from Merced!


Merced has been around since 1972, and they're still located along EDSA. They're right before Quezon Ave., in front of the Quezon Ave. Flyover.

They have quite a selection of cakes now, and my parents got a chiffon cake with mango-flavored icing - I guess their take on Mango Bravo.

If you're like me, and grew up to Merced cakes for your birthday, why not have a nostalgic birthday by ordering a cake from them, here are their details:

Merced Bake House
869 EDSA, Quezon City
telephone numbers: 02.924.2108
email: mercedbake@yahoo.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment