Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Philips Umbra Room Stylers Shades in Garden Barn

Since my birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year, Mommy and I decided to go out on a Black Friday drive around Metro Manila the following day.

Whenever my mother feels ill, window-shopping (or plain shopping) always makes her feel better.

Our first stop for that Friday was Garden Barn in North East Square in Greenhills. I wanted to update several stainless steel lamps that I was able to purchase from Serendra's garage sale so I went around looking for Philips Umbra Room Stylers shades - which used to be readily available in your friendly neighbourhood Handyman store.

These shades, however, have been pulled out and are now only being sold directly by the importer, Garden Barn, in their showroom in Greenhills.

Now, I'm sure this information is going to be pretty useful, since I had gone around trying to research what options for shades I had available here in Metro Manila - and unless you want to get bespoke shades from Keystone (at bespoke prices of course), these Philips Umbra shades are actually quite an affordable alternative. Their prices range from PhP 325.00 to PhP 495.00, and come in a variety of shapes, sizes, heights, and color.




Above are some samples of the shades that are available in Garden Barn. They have these in beige, in grey, brown (both dark, bordering on purplish, and a light mocha shade) and red.

For the stainless steel lamps from the bazaar, I purchased a brown shade, sample of the color from their HK website borrowed below:


It only cost me Php 395.00 per shade. Coincidentally, it is the same colour and style I purchased for a mother and child lamp I had updated early this year.

I also bought a red small shade priced at PhP 325.00 for a colourful Brunei jar my mother had wanted to convert into a lamp:


I'm sure a lot of DIY-ers, like me, have probably asked this question: Where can I buy shades for my lamp?

If you want to update the look of your lamps, feel free to visit Garden Barn, and check out their assortment of Philips Umbra Room Stylers shades.

Garden Barn
UG North East Square, Connecticut Street,
Greenhills, San Juan
telephone number: 02.654.9068
opening hours: Mondays to Saturdays (10:00AM to 7:00PM)

No comments:

Post a Comment