Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tokyo Tonteki in Greenbelt 5


Kim and I had dinner last Saturday in Tokyo Tonteki in Greenbelt 5. Lately, we've been growing fond of the Japanese pork loin-places that have been sprouting in Metro Manila. We've actually tried quite a few already - Yabu, Ginza Bairin in UP Town Centre, Saboten in Serendra, and now, Tokyo Tonteki.

For that evening, it was really because I was looking for fiber in my diet, and Kim pointed out the cabbage salad that was included in the pork loin sets of Tokyo Tonteki. 

I ordered their signature Tonteki, and opted to get the 350g serving, priced at PhP 450.00:


I realised later on that I could have made do with the smaller portions, since the Tonteki was quite heavy. Kim ordered the Chopped Tonteki at PhP 375.00.

I had a feeling that the Stir-Fried Japanese Mushrooms would be interesting, and it did not disappoint. The side-dish had three different types of mushroom, although I was only able to identify the enoki and shiitake, but at PhP 250.00, it was so worth it:


Tokyo Tonteki's dishes come with unlimited servings of Japanese rice, cabbage salad, and miso soup - so if you were to really look at it, their prices really pack in value for your money.

It was a satisfying dinner, and should you feel the urge to try their juicy pork loin steaks, or the mushrooms, then their details are below:

Tokyo Tonteki
2nd Level, Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center, Makati
telephone number: 02.744.8652

No comments:

Post a Comment